Oregon State University currently has 30 designated campus lactation rooms, most with electronic keypads. To obtain a keypad access code for entry into the lactation rooms, contact Family Resource Center.
Nursing moms who are having their baby brought to campus for a nursing session, can check out a Lactation Parking Permit by visiting our office at 1030 SW Madison Ave, Champinefu 211 & 213.
Please help us keep the lactation rooms clean and in working condition by following our Lactation Room Etiquette. Contact us with any concerns or for more information at 541-737-4906.
Alumni Association (as needed): call 541-737-7868 or visit front desk
Crop Science Building, Room 427 (Key Required - get from their Office on 1st floor)
Hallie Ford Center (as needed): Call 541-737-3673 to schedule
Kelley Engineering, Room 3032 (Call 541-737-3617 for special code)
Linus Pauling, 1st Floor (Womens Shower area) (No code needed, lock from inside)
Magruder, Room 2022 -COMING SOON!
Radiation Center, Room B112 (Secured facility- No code needed, lock from inside)
Student Experience Center, Room 265 (No code needed, lock from inside)
University Plaza, Room 228 (Shared Use Space-No code needed, lock from inside)
The OSU Portland Center offers two wellness rooms that can be used for lactation purposes. These rooms include a sink and refrigerator. Visit the front desk if you have trouble accessing the rooms, or contact OSU Portland Center Operations at (503) 273-4301.
Does your work or studies have you traveling away from home? OSU has an account with Milk Stork to provided mom's the opportunity to pump and ship their milk home to their baby for free! To setup your account visit OSU's Milk Stork portal
- Employees: Your PEBB Health Care Benefit covers 85% of the cost of your breast pump as "Durable Medical Equipment". For Providence covered, the pump must be obtained through Providence Home Services by calling 1-800-762-1253.
- Students: Know your rights when it comes to breastfeeding! Title IX info here!
- BREASTFEEDING/PUMPING SIGN Print a breastfeeding sign (Please do not disturb) and hang it up when you are using a space for breastfeeding/pumping. If you cannot print one off, please contact Family Resource Center and we will send one to you.
- OSU has been designated a Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer. If you have any comments or concerns, please contact Erika Woosley at 541-737-4906.
- Pick up a free copy of "Nursing Mother, Working Mother" from our office.
State and Local Support
Corvallis Birth & Women's Health Center
State of Oregon Breastfeeding Law, information and support
La Leche League of Corvallis Meeting Groups
All meetings are held at the First Congregational Church, 4515 West Hills Road. For more information, click here
Breastfeeding Classes through Samaritan Health Services
Follow the link below to find breastfeeding classes and other classes related to pregnancy and parenting in the Corvallis area. Most of the classes are free and some are available in Spanish.
- Breast Pump Rental: Breast pump rental and other breastfeeding supplies are available from Samaritan Medical Equipment. For more information call: Albany: 541-812-5460. Corvallis: 541-468-7500. Lebanon: 541-451-6364.
- Breastfeeding Lifestyle: Learn how to provide optimum nutrition for your baby, even after returning to work. Albany classes offered October 1st and December 3rd at 7pm for more information call: 541-812-4301. For Corvallis dates, time, and more information call 541-768-6908.
- Lactation Clinic: Nursing moms have the opportunity to consult with a lactation nurse during a breastfeeding clinic. You'll get answers to any breastfeeding questions, discuss different techniques and positioning, and help with problem solving. Call for an appointment: Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-768-4900, or Lebanon-541-451-7177.
- Lactation Line: Call for breastfeeding support over the phone. Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-765-5244, Lebanon-541-451-7588, or Lincoln City- 541-996-7179.