Our Little Village (OLV) Early Care and Education Centers
"Play is not just about having fun but about taking risks, experimenting, and testing boundaries. Play builds the brain and the body. Play has been shown to support brain structure and functioning, facilitating synapse connection and improving brain plasticity. Play is also critical to safe, stable, and nurturing relationships, supporting developmental milestones, and mental health." American Academy of Pediatrics. (2021, December 12). Power of Play in Early Childhood. https://www.aap.org/en/patient-care/early-childhood/early-childhood-health-and-development/power-of-play/.
At Our Little Village, the focus is on children having the opportunity to PLAY in safe, caring, engaging and developmentally appropriate classroom environments.
***FALL 2023- Our Little Village will be offering drop-in short-term hours AND reservable short-term hours.***
Contact Kristi King, FRC Asst. Director, OLV & Student Engagement, if you have further questions or would like additional information about either of the centers.
- Prepared bottles with your child's name (infant/toddler rooms only)
- Diapers and wipes
- Pacifier- if your child uses one
- Water bottle with your child's name
- Extra set of clothes in a bag/backpack
- School work/homework
- Electronic device (tablet, iPad, Chromebook, etc.) for completing school work
- Blanket- if your child will sleep
What to leave at home/in the car:
- Food/snacks- there is no food allowed at Our Little Village
- Beverages other than water or milk/formula (infants only)
- Electronics for "playing games"