Oregon State University currently has 24 designated lactation rooms, most with electronic keypads**, on campus. They are located in:
Avery Lodge, Room 118
Covell, Room 127 (Call 541-737-3101 for special code)
Crop Science Building, Room 427 (Key Required - get from their Office on 1st floor)
Kelley Engineering, Room 3032 (Call 541-737-3101 for special code)
Kidder, Room 106 (Obtain key from Dean's Office-128)
Oxford House, Room 315
Radiation Center, Room B126a (Secured facility)
There are also some temporary spaces that have been set up by departments on campus to be lactation rooms those can be found at:
- Hallie Ford Center: 541-737-3673
- Alumni Association: 541-737-7868
- University Plaza, Room 228
- Reed Lodge, Room 223
- Ag Life Sciences Building, Room 2120
(Please see the parents map if you are unfamiliar with campus)
**To obtain a keypad access code for entry into the lactation rooms, contact Childcare and Family Resources, 541-737-4906.**
Nursing moms that are having their child brought to campus in order to continue breastfeeding, can check out a lactation parking permit by visit our office at 1030 SW Madison Ave, Avery 211 & 213. Contact us for more information at 541-737-4906.
Please help us keep the lactation rooms clean and in working condition by contacting us with any concerns. Thank you!
- Employees: Your PEBB Health Care Benefit covers 85% of the cost of your breastpump as "Durable Medical Equipment". For Providence covered, the pump must be obtained through Providence Home Services by calling 1-800-762-1253.
- Oregon State University's "Expressing Milk in the Workplace" policy: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/budgets/genupol/gupmilk.htm
- BREASTFEEDING/PUMPING SIGN Print a breastfeeding sign (Please do not disturb) and hang it up when you are using a space for breastfeeding/pumping. If you cannot print one off, please contact Childcare & Family Resources and we will send one to you.
- OSU has been designated a Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer. If you have any comments or concerns, please contact Amy Luhn at 541-737-4906.
- Pick up a free copy of "Nursing Mother, Working Mother" from our office.
- State of Oregon Breastfeeding Law, information and support:
- La Leche League of CorvallisMeeting Groups:
All meetings are held at the First Congregational Church, 4515 West Hills Road
For more information, please visit: http://www.llli.org/groups/@llli*group*corvallis
- Breastfeeding Classes through Samaritan Health Services:
Follow the link below to find breastfeeding classes and other classes related to pregnancy and parenting in the Corvallis area. Most of the classes are free and some are available in Spanish.
Breast Pump Rental:
Breast pump rental and other breastfeeding supplies are available from Samaritan Medical Equipment. For more information call: Albany: 541-812-5460. Corvallis: 541-468-7500. Lebanon: 541-451-6364.
Learn how to provide optimum nutrition for your baby, even after returning to work. Albany classes offered October 1st and December 3rd at 7pm for more information call: 541-812-4301. For Corvallis dates, time, and more information call 541-768-6908.
Nursing moms have the opportunity to consult with a lactation nurse during a breastfeeding clinic. You'll get answers to any breastfeeding questions, discuss different techniques and positioning, and help with problem solving. Call for an appointment: Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-768-4900, or Lebanon-541-451-7177.
Call for breastfeeding support over the phone. Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-765-5244, Lebanon-541-451-7588, or Lincoln City- 541-996-7179.